Mirka Abralon Discs
SALE: Save 5% on Mirka using coupon code MIRKA5 at checkout.
Mirka Abralon award-winning abrasive foam grip discs were developed for the professional fine finishing of both flat and contoured surfaces.
Abralon features the benefits of both of abrasive cloth and non-woven products. Abralon produces a consistent scratch pattern while minimizing the risk of pressure marks. The foam backing holds water or solvent-based fluids that flow freely through the woven-faced abrasive, cooling the surface and flushing contaminants away.
Abralon performs best when used a slower speeds so set sanding machine speed to low.
Abralon discs are washable, extending the life of the disc while keeping your finishes consistent time after time.
*12" size Mirka Abralon discs are special order and usually ship in 3-4 days.
Features and Benefits:
- Designed to sand contoured surfaces, corners and sharp edges
- Constructed with a fabric face, foam center and grip backing
- Openings in fabric allow water, solvent and air to flow freely around the abrasive
- Foam center provides even surface pressure that helps eliminate "finger marks" when hand sanding
- Designed for optimum performance in both wet and dry sanding
- Combines benefits of abrasive cloth and non-woven products
- Open cell design holds large amounts of water or solvent for lubrication and cooling
- Engineered solid surfaces and gel-coat
- Lacquer finishes
- Topcoat finishing & repair
- Sealer sanding
- White wood sanding
- Boat polishing
- Silicon Carbide abrasive bonded with special resin on knitted face, foam center, grip pad
- Available in 3", 6" and 12"* size discs
- 3", 20 per box in 180-4000 grits, 10 per box in assorted pack (2 ea. 500, 1000, 2000, 3000 & 4000 grit)
- 6", 10 Per box in 180-4000 grits, 12 per box in assorted pack (2 ea. 180, 360, 500, 1000, 2000 & 4000 grit)
- 6", Retail Pack, 2 per pack of 1000, 2000 or 4000 grit, 2 per pack in assorted pack (1 ea. 2000 and 4000 grit)
- 12", 5 per box, 180-1000 grits (*special order, ships 3-4 days)
Grit Selection Tips:
Coarser grits are recommended for:
- Surface preparation of composite body parts
- Fine sanding of the body surfaces before primer and top lacquer
Finer grits are suitable for:
- Smoothing of primers and bottom lacquers
- Preparation of surfaces between blending
- Sanding of pot marked surfaces
- Preparation of the top coat before polishing