Farecla Profile Extra Coarse Cut Paste, 3.5kg, PRE301
NOTE: Formerly called Farecla Profile 100
Farecla Profile Extra Coarse Cut Paste (PRE301) is an abrasive cutting compound designed for aggressive compounding on tough gel coats, resins, molds and solid surfaces.
It removes 600 dry sanding marks from most substrates, leaving a relatively low gloss finish. It is often used in the first stage of a two-step polishing process; when high gloss is required it is typically followed with either Profile 200XL, Profile 300 or Profile Premium Liquid Compound.
Profile Extra Coarse Cut Paste is designed for aggressive compounding of polyester, vinyl ester, epoxy, gel coats including tough tooling gel coat, paint, solid surfaces, stone, artificial marble and many other industrial surfaces.
In marine restoration projects, PRE301 is often used as the first step for cutting extremely faded and oxidized gelcoat or paint, followed by either Profile 300 or Profile Premium Liquid Compound. Finish off with Profile UV Wax or Profile Polymer Wax to keep surface protected for months.
Profile Extra Coarse Cut Paste may be used as the sole step when a lower gloss effect is desired such as counter tops or molds.
Water-based formulation is environmentally-friendly, safer to use and will extend buff pad life compared to traditional petroleum-based compounds.
Features and Benefits:
- Special coarse abrasive cuts out up to 600 dry or 800 wet and dry abrasive marks
- Special hard abrasives to cut even the hardest tooling gel coats, molds and composites fast
- Provides low gloss effect, suitable for use on stone and granite
- Excellent as the first step in a two step process on faded gel-coat, finishing with Profile 300 or Profile Premium Liquid Compound for deep gloss
- Economical - high concentrated abrasive formula means less product and faster working time
- Does not contain "fillers", ensuring that gloss effect achieved is permanent and marks will not reappear
- Water-based formula allows for easy clean up with water and no staining black rubber or upholstery
- Water-based formula eases buff pad clean up and extends pad life 3-4 times compared to traditional high-VOC compounds
- Contains no harsh hazardous chemicals or silicone, safer to work with and better for the environment
Compounding Tips for Optimal Results:
- Use with a compounding wool pad such as Farecla G-Mop Wool Compounding Pad
- Apply only a small amount of product as too much will be wasted and can reduce cutting action
- Compound at speeds of 1,800 to 2,500 RPM in small areas at a time to prevent dry out
- Clean pads regularly with a spurring tool to remove dried product and clean with water
- Excellent as the first step in a two step process on faded gel-coat, finishing with Profile 300 or Profile Premium Liquid Compound
- Finish off with Farecla Profile UV Wax or Profile Polymer Wax as final step to protect surface and enhance gloss
- Mist with water to prevent drying out
- Buff pads may be soaked in water and spun dry to extend pad life