Mirka Gold Solid Grip Sanding Discs
SALE: Save 5% on Mirka using coupon code MIRKA5 at checkout
Mirka’s Gold abrasive is ideal for high speed sanding in a multitude of applications such as Automotive, Marine, Wood, Metal and Composites.
Mirka Gold is a premium paper-backed abrasive designed for both finishing as well as heavy stock removal. The durable aluminum oxide grain delivers a fast, exceptionally long lasting cut.
Gold features a high strength resin bonded system with C & D-weight backings that are 50% stronger than other premium brands using A-weight backings.
Gold is made with an anti-load stearate to provide increased life. Optimized grain distribution allows the product to perform faster and gives less clogging. Gold P80-P180 is a Calcium based stearate for tough grinding. Gold P220 and finer is Zinc based for less clogging on a soft application.
The improved backing paper gives more even coating of grains and resin, for a perfect finish. Mirka Gold is also available with holes for vacuum sanding applications, info here.
New Gold Features & Benefits:
- Upgraded Gold has extra strong aluminum oxide grains in P80-P800 for an excellent long lasting cut
- Optimized grain distribution allows the product to perform faster with less clogging
- Gold P80-P180 has a Calcium based stearate for tough grinding
- Gold P220 and finer is Zinc based for less clogging on a soft application
- Improved backing paper, has a more even coating of grains and resin providing the perfect finish
- Suited for automotive refinishing, marine industry, composite processing, vehicles manufacturing, paint and decoration, woodwork
- Suited for use on composite materials, hard and soft woods, MDF, veneers, mild, carbon and stainless steel, aluminum, cast iron, copper alloys, brass and bronze, lacquers, body filler, plaster, putty, sanding of paint, paint removal and much more.
- Grain: Aluminum oxide
- Bonding: Resin over resin Progressive Bond™
- Backing: Grip Velour; P36-40 grit E-weight paper, P60-150 grit D-weight latex paper, P180-800 C-weight latex paper
- Coating: Semi-open
- Color: Gold
- Available in 3", 5", 6" and 8" discs
- Grit range: P60 to P800, availability varies by disc size
- Sold 50 discs per box