China Ox Varnish Brushes
Redtree China-Ox Brushes are superior quality, made of blended natural China bristle and ox hair, enabling exceptional smooth paint flow and even leveling out.
Ideal for all fine finish coatings including oil-based paint, stain and varnish. Features a clear wood handle and chisel edge trim.
Trim: Chisel edge
Handle: Pencil style, clear wood
Brush Material: Natural China bristle and ox hair blend
Which Brush is Right for Me?
All brushes are not created equal! Selecting the right brush will help you achieve optimal results and the best finish. Use the following guide to help pick the best brush for your application.
- Natural Bristle – designed for oil-based paints, stains, and varnishes. Not to be used with water-based coatings as bristles will go limp.
- Synthetic Bristle – may be used for all types of paints but particularly designed for water-based coatings.
- Badger & Ox Hair Bristle – Softest natural bristles, best for creating smoothest finishes.
- White China Bristle – Best for oil-based paint, stains, varnish, urethanes, shellac and lacquer. Yields smoother finish than black China.
- Black China Bristle – For oil-based paint, stains, and varnish. Stiffer bristles than white China requires more strokes but least expensive