Epifanes Teak Oil Sealer, TO.1000
Air shipping is not available.
Epifanes Teak Oil Sealer (TO.1000) is a traditional impregnating oil, based on linseed oil and alkyd resin that may be used to maintain and protect teak decks, railings, etc.
Accentuates natural wood beauty and provides non-slippery foot traffic protection for teak. Protects teakwood from discoloration caused by weather and pollutants. Ideal for the maintenance of teak decks.
Use for maintenance and protection of teak decks and other teak on board subject to heavy traffic, i.e., teak railings, grips and other teak parts on board, e.g., furniture. For interior and exterior use above the waterline. Suitable for fresh and salt water.
To use, degrease wood with Epifanes Spray Thinner for Paint & Varnish and allow to evaporate. Apply wet-on-wet coats with a wide brush or lint-free cloth to clean, dry wood until surface is saturated. Remove excess material. Two coats are usually sufficient, unless teak is very dry. Avoid excessive film building.
Sold in 1 liter size containers.
Features and Benefits:
- Protects teakwood from discoloration caused by weather and pollutants
- Use for maintenance and protection of teak decks and other teak on board subject to heavy traffic
- For interior and exterior use above the waterline
- Suitable for fresh and salt water
- May be applied wet-on-wet
- Container Size: 1L (1.056 quart)
- Density: 0.91 kg/liter
- Solids Content: 50% +/- 2 vol.
- Theoretical Coverage: ~100 sq. ft./liter
- Practical Coverage: Dependent on absorption characteristics of substrate, method of application, loss of material due to the shape of surface and other possible circumstances during application.
- Thinner: Epifanes Brushing Thinner for One Part Paint & Varnish
- Application: Apply wet-on-wet until saturation of the wood has been achieved. Saturation point depends on the dryness and/or density of the wood. Normally, two coats are sufficient. Excessive film build-up must be avoided. Remove surplus material with a lint-free cloth. Apply with a wide brush or lint-free cloth.
- Maintenance Interval: Dependent on climate conditions and exposure to weather.