Mirka Microstar Film 5" Solid Grip Sanding Discs, FM-612 Series
Microstar Film 5" Solid Grip Sanding Discs (FM-612 Series) is a unique abrasive film product, designed for matting and paint rectification of top and clear coat applications before polishing.
Microstar has a special stearate layer and a smooth film backing. This product has a high-quality finish and lasts longer as it doesn’t clog as easily as traditional products. Microstar produces a fine scratch pattern that is easy to polish out.
For best results, Microstar is recommended to be used in conjunction with a foam interface pad.
Microstar is intended for dry sanding only.
Follow up using Mirka Abralon and Polarshine products to achieve an excellent finished result.
Sold 50 discs per box.
Features and Benefits:
- Designed for matting and paint rectification of top and clear coat applications before polishing
- Polyester film backing material creates a flexible and smoother abrasive surface
- Anti-clogging stearate layer prevents clogging and results in longer working life
- Produces a fine scratch pattern that is easy to polish out
- Designed dry sanding only
- Demanding applications such as tooling gel coats, composite materials and hard, scratch resistant automotive clear coats
- Denibbing paint finishes, removal of orange peel and blend preparation of clear coats
- Dry sanding applications
- Size: 5"
- Bonding: Grain: Low VOC resin system
- Grain: Aluminum oxide
- Backing: Polyester film with grip backing
- Coating: Semi-open
- Color: White
- Grit: P800 to P2500 grit range
- Quantity: Sold 50 discs per box