Norton Flap Disc Gemini R766 ZA, 4.5" x 7/8", Plastic Hub, Flat T27, Zirconia Alumina
Norton Gemini R766 ZA Flap Disc 4.5" x 7/8", Plastic Hub, Flat 27 features alternating zirconia alumina and aluminum oxide grain for a higher performance than aluminum oxide while retaining an economical price.
Norton Gemini Flap Discs are perfect for your medium grit cleaning, detailing and finishing as it works better than aluminum oxide.
Type 27 flat flap disc are designed to be used at a 0 to 15 degree angle on flat surfaces for blending and smooth finishing.
Plastic backing plate offers additional conformability and is trimmable.
Size of these discs are 4.5" diameter with 7/8" hole, Type 27 Flat, Zirconia Alumina grain. Max RPM 13,300. Available in grits P36, P40, P60, P80.
Use extra coarse P36 grit and coarse P40 grit for stock removal, beveling and edge chamfering. Use medium P60 grit for blending and cleaning and medium P80 grit for light blending and cleaning. Use fine 120 grit for final finishing.
Sold box of 10 discs.
Features and Benefits:
- Alternating zirconia alumina and aluminum oxide grain is a cost-effective option for your medium grit cleaning, detailing and finishing than aluminum oxide
- Type 27 flat flap disc are designed to be used at a 0 to 15 degree angle on flat surfaces for blending and smooth finishing
- Plastic backing plate offers additional conformability and is trimmable
- Good choice for coarse grit blending, deburring, and stock removal
Why Choose Flap Discs?
Flap discs replace both grinding wheels and fiber discs. The same flap disc can be used for applications ranging from stock removal to blending.
Flap Discs vs. Grinding Wheels
- Faster stock removal
- Smoother finish, no gouging
- Cooler cutting, less glazing
- Lightweight, easier to control
- Less vibration, less operator fatigue
- Reduced noise
Flap Discs vs. Fiber Discs
- 20X longer life, reduced abrasive cost
- Fewer disc changes, reduced labor cost
- More consistent finish
- No back-up pad required
- Easier storage, no curling
- Reduced loading
- Use flap discs one grit size coarser than fiber discs, except in 36 grit
- Abrasive: Zirconia Alumina / Aluminum Oxide alternating
- Backing Material: X-wt. Cotton
- Color: Blue
- Arbor Hole Size: 7/8"
- Diameter: 4.5"
- Wheel Type: T27 (Flat)
- Grits: P36, P40, P60, P80
- Max Operating Speed: 13300 rpm
- Series: R828
- Sub-Brand: Gemini
- Tier: Good