Norton Flap Disc Metal R828 ZA, 4.5" x 5/8-11, Fiberglass Hub, Flat T27, Zirc
Norton Metal R828 ZA Flap Disc 4.5" 5/8"-11 Thread, Fiberglass Hub, Flat T27 Shape with quality zirconia alumina grain offer good consistent performance with low initial price point.
The tough yet lightweight fiberglass and resin backing plates enhance comfort during operation by absorbing vibration and it's an economical Type 27 flat option. Type 27 flat flap disc are designed to be used at a 0 to 15 degree angle on flat surfaces for blending and smooth finishing.
Equipped with polyester/cotton flaps designed for use at angles from 0 to 15 degrees, the disc features a strong zirconia alumina abrasive that provides outstanding cutting action and durability.
Size of these discs are 4.5" diameter with 5/8" x 11 thread attachment, Type 29 Conical shape, Zirconia Alumina grain. Max RPM 13,300. Available in grits P36, P40, P60, P80.
Use extra coarse P36 grit and coarse P40 grit for stock removal, beveling and edge chamfering. Use medium P60 grit for blending and cleaning and medium P80 grit for light blending and cleaning.
Sold 10 discs per box.
Features and Benefits:
- Quality zirconia grain provides good cut rate and life, consistent finish and low cost
- Angled flaps provide greater surface contact and the best choice when job completion speed and stock removal are primary considerations
- May be used on contour and edge work
- Type 27 flat flap disc are designed to be used at a 0 to 15 degree angle on flat surfaces for blending and smooth finishing
- Fiberglass resin backing plates are the most popular option, offering high strength, light weight, ability to absorb vibration and operator comfort
- 5/8" x 11 thread attachment
- Good choice for coarse grit blending, deburring, and stock removal
- 300 Series Stainless
- 400 Series Stainless
- Cast Iron
- Soft Carbon Steels
- Super Alloys
Why Choose Flap Discs?
Flap discs replace both grinding wheels and fiber discs. The same flap disc can be used for applications ranging from stock removal to blending.
Flap Discs vs. Grinding Wheels
- Faster stock removal
- Smoother finish, no gouging
- Cooler cutting, less glazing
- Lightweight, easier to control
- Less vibration, less operator fatigue
- Reduced noise
Flap Discs vs. Fiber Discs
- 20X longer life, reduced abrasive cost
- Fewer disc changes, reduced labor cost
- More consistent finish
- No back-up pad required
- Easier storage, no curling
- Reduced loading
- Use flap discs one grit size coarser than fiber discs, except in 36 grit
- Abrasive: Zirconia Alumina
- Backing Material: X-wt. Cotton
- Color: Blue
- Attachment: 5/8" x 11 thread
- Diameter: 4.5"
- Wheel Type: T27 (Flat)
- Grits: P36, P40, P60, P80
- Max Operating Speed: 13300 rpm
- Series: R828
- Sub-Brand: Metal
- Tier: Good