Presta Gel Coat Compound, 1 Quart, 138532
Presta Gel Coat Compound, 1 Quart (138532) is ideal for marine and industrial applications such as gel coat restoration and tooling molded surfaces.
Fast and simple to use, it quickly leaves a deep, high gloss finish without the use of waxes, silicones or fillers. This compound removes 800 grit or finer dry sanding scratches and 1,000 grit or finer wet sanding scratches.
Water-based formula is VOC compliant and offers easy clean up.
Designed for use with a high speed rotary buffer. Best performance when used with a 100% wool compounding pad such as Presta #890141 or #890146 single sided grip pad and #810073 double sided pad. Follow with Presta MAX Finish or Presta Ultra Polish to maximize gloss and shine.
Available in additional sizes, click here for more info.
Features and Benefits:
- Great for restoring gel coat and tooling molded surfaces
- Quickly leaves a deep, high gloss finish without waxes, silicones or fillers
- Removes 800 grit or finer dry sanding scratches and 1,000 grit or finer wet sanding scratches
- Water-based formula is VOC compliant and offers easy clean up
- Shake well before using. Do not apply in sunlight or on warm surfaces
- Apply a 2” dab of Gel Coat Compound for a 2’ x 2’ section and spread with the cutting pad
- Buff at a speed between 1,800 to 2,600 rpm (recommended speed is 2,200 rpm)
- Work the buffer side to side slowly in a figure eight pattern as you slowly buff the gel coat surface until most of the product is gone and gloss appears
- Add more Gel Coat Compound and repeat if necessary to remove deep scratches
- Remove compound splatter as soon as possible with a soft, damp cloth