MAS LV Low Viscosity Epoxy Resin, Non-Blushing Formula
MAS 2:1 LV Low Viscosity Epoxy Resin is designed to produce an easy-flowing reliable system with low drip and no blush.
Non-blushing formula allows for easy wet-out of material and no messy wash downs; reduces labor by up to 50%!
MAS LV Epoxy Resin can be used in a huge variety of applications including boat hulls and structures which need to completely exclude moisture, as well as laminating and bonding of nearly all materials. When modified with MAS fillers such as Wood Powder or Colloidal Silica the resin can be used as a filling and fairing compound with outstanding results.
This resins low viscosity allows for smooth, easy and complete wet-out of fiberglass laminations and fiber reinforced fabrics which reduces the potential for voids and other imperfections.
Formulated from 100% low molecular weight reactive solids (for excellent moisture exclusion) and displays less than 1% shrinkage when cured.
Features & Benefits:
- Advanced non-blushing, low drip formula saves time
- Use for laminating and bonding nearly all materials
- Mix with variety of fillers to create custom filling and fairing compounds
- Boasts a 600 cps viscosity for smooth, easy wet-out of fiberglass laminations
- Allows for complete wet out of fiber reinforced fabrics and reduces the potential for voids and other imperfections
- Excellent moisture exclusion
- 100% reactive, 0% solvent and less than 1% shrinkage
- Use with your choice of MAS Hardeners (Fast, Medium and Slow)
- Available in quart, gallon & 4 gallon containers
- Fiberglass repairs
- Saturation coatings
- Sealing wood
- Vacuum bagging
When simply coating, sealing or saturating wood with epoxy, do not add thickening powders.
For filling applications, consider MAS FLAG Medium Epoxy Resin.
It is important to mix epoxy and hardener thoroughly before adding thickener.
Often two fillers used in conjunction are more effective than any single filler used alone; this can be attributed to the synergistic effects found when two different particle sizes are blended together.
When filling gaps or making a fillet (pronounced "fill-its") add sufficient wood flour to make a peanut butter consistency.
Colloidal Silica (aka Cab-O-Sil) and other white fillers may be added to make the wood flour paste match the color of the plywood exactly. Adding some Phenolic Micro Balloons or Colloidal Silica (no more than 30 percent by volume) has the added benefit of making wood flour fillets smoother and easier to spread.
When using epoxy as an adhesive (i.e., bonding wood to wood), add enough silica powder to the resin-hardener mix to bring it to the consistency of mayonnaise or jam.