Mirka Q.Silver Vacuum Grip Sanding Discs
SALE: Save 5% on Mirka using coupon code MIRKA5 at checkout.
Q.Silver & Q.Silver Micro are Mirka's premium abrasive line. Mirka Q.Silver achieves fast and efficient stock removal with an excellent consistent finish.
Q.Silver is ideal for a multitude of sanding applications in automotive, marine, wood, metal and composite industries.
Q-Silver possesses a very high heat endurance and is tough enough for "down-to-metal" applications yet also provides a high performance finish on new high ceramic clear coats. It offers extremely good performance on hard woods and composites. The backing consists of a flexible and strong impregnated latex paper and may be used wet or dry.
Q.Silver is comprised of aluminum oxide abrasives and has a calcium stearate coating to prevent pilling in 80 to 500 grit range.
Q.Silver Micro is comprised of silicon carbide grains and has a zinc stearate coating to prevent pilling in 600 to 1,500 grit range.
Features & Benefits:
- High heat endurance and is tough enough for "down-to-metal" applications
- Optimized grain distribution allows the product to perform faster with less clogging
- Calcium based stearate for tough grinding in 80 to 500 Grits
- Zinc based stearate prevents pilling in 600 to 1500 Grits
- High performance backing consists of a flexible and strong impregnated latex paper for wet/dry sanding
- Even coating of grains and resin provides the perfect finish
- Mulit-hole pattern allows for fitting on most types of vacuum backup pads (e.g. 6-hole, 8-hole, 9-hole Festool, Mirka Abranet pattern)
- Suited for automotive refinishing, marine industry, composite processing, vehicles manufacturing, paints and woodwork
- Suited for use on composite materials, hard and soft woods, MDF, veneers, mild, carbon and stainless steel, aluminum, cast iron, copper alloys, brass and bronze, lacquers, body filler, plaster, putty, sanding of paint, paint removal and more
- Grain: Aluminum oxide
- Bonding: Resin over resin Progressive Bond™
- Backing: Grip Velour, C/D-weight latex paper
- Coating: Semi-open
- Color: Bluish
- Available in 3", 5" and 6" discs
- Grit Range: Q.Silver 80 to 500; Q.Silver Micro 600 to 1,500
- Hole Pattern: Solid and multi-hole, varies by disc size
- Sold 50 discs per box