SEM Plastic Adhesion Promoter
HAZMAT box fee is included in pricing. Air shipping not available, please select ground or discount shipping option.
SEM Plastic Adhesion Promoter (39863) promotes paint adhesion to difficult and problem plastic surfaces such as Polypropylene (PP) and Thermoplastics (TPO), repair materials and topcoats.
Works equally well on most flexible and rigid plastics and on painted surfaces.
Contains 14.8 ounces (420 grams) of product per 20 ounce aerosol can.
Features & Benefits:
- Improves adhesion of paint topcoats to problematic plastics such as Polypropylene (PP) and Thermoplastics (TPO)
- Also improves adhesion on most flexible and rigid plastics plus painted surfaces
- Easy to apply
- Convenient aerosol packaging
Preparation & Application:
- Clean area with SEM Soap (39362) or SEM Scuff & Clean and a gray scuff pad
- Rinse with water and allow to dry
- Clean with SEM Plastic & Leather Prep (38353) using a clean, lint free towel and wiping in one direction
- Sand area to be refinished with 400 grit sandpaper
- Blow off dust and clean again with SEM Plastic & Leather Prep (38353)
- Apply one light coat of SEM Plastic Adhesion Promoter (39863) and allow 5 minutes of flash time followed by one full coat of SEM Plastic Adhesion Promoter (39863)
- Allow to flash 15 minutes but no longer 30 minutes before top coating
- Refinish with SEM Color Coat, SEM Bumper Coat, all base/clear coat system, urethanes, acrylic enamels, alkyd enamels and acrylic lacquers
Technical Data Sheet:
- Click here for technical data sheet