SmartBottom™ Geotextile Filtration Fabric
Customized product, please contact us for lead times and availability.
SMS offers SmartBottom™ 10 ounce Geotextile Filtration Fabric, a versatile and durable material that allows water to pass while collecting debris and contaminants. The heavier weight results in a more durable and longer lasting fabric than competitor products.
SmartBottom™ Geotextile Filtration Fabric is used for filtration in washing systems, to capture sanding dust, paint chips and other debris when placed under boats on the hard, as a ground liner to protect containment containment systems from puncture and rip-rap erosion control applications.
We offer additional of fabric weights and can custom size and cut fabric to suit your needs. Please contact us at Sales@SMSDistributors.com for all inquiries. We also offer 5 gallon filter jackets for PBK-1800 pump bucket kit.
Customized product, please allow 2 to 5 business days to ship.
Features and Benefits:
- Permeable to water yet filters out particulates down to 150 microns
- 10 ounce weight is thicker and more durable than competitor brands for less money
- Extremely versatile for a variety of applications
- Cited by most environmental agencies as a BMP to keep boatyard grounds and surrounding waterways cleaner
- Both stocked and custom size cuts available; SMS can size and custom cut fabric to suit your needs
- Filter Contaminants - permeable to water yet filters particulates down to 150 micron size; frequently used as part of a boat wash water containment system or under boats on the hard to capture sanding dust, paint chips, nails, screws and other debris
- Protective Ground Liner - protect containment systems from sharp ground cover
- Rip-Rap Applications - to reinforce coastal embankments and to prevent erosion
- Garden Beds - for the serious gardener! Fabric keeps soil warm, allows water to pass, prevents weeds, and reusable; simply cut slits in fabric where you want to grow plants
Technical Data for 10oz Fabric:
|Weight (Typical)*||ASTM D5621||10 ounce|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D4632||270 lb|
|Elongation at Break||ASTM D4632||50%|
|Puncture Strength||ASTM D4833||155 lb|
|Apparent Opening Size||ASTM D4751||0.155 mm|
|Permittivity||ASTM D4491||1.20 sec-1|
|Flow Rate||ASTM D4491||80 gal/sec/sf|
|*Other Fabric Weights Available|
For washing boats, geotextile fabric used alone is not a legal wash water treatment system. Wash water must be contained and/or permits acquired. Learn more about our SmartBottom™ Wash Water Containment System here.